Summer 2014 Post Check-In
Just like you, Mrs. Post is loving every second of her summer vacation. This summer her family has gone swimming, camping, and has visited the Buffalo Zoo and Darien Lake. They have also been Waldameer regulars, where Mrs. Post got to reconnect with Leanne N.! Mrs. Post even got to see Kelsey S. and Brooke C. at the Cherry Festival in early July! Although she loved seeing her former freshmen, it did cause Mrs. Post to have her first school nightmare of the summer. These nightmares usually don't begin haunting Mrs. Post till August. Yet (just like you), she knows that school is less than a month away. Wal-Mart didn't help matters by starting their back-to-school stuff in late June. So, Mrs. Post was being nerdy and browsing the back-to-school goodies when she realized that she could make her students' lives easier this year.
"How can she do this?" you ask. Well, Mrs. Post went online and created a
list of supplies that will make your life easier in English 9. Please check it out. Here is the link.
In case you are curious as to the extent of Mrs. Post's nerdiness, here is the list of books she has read (and loved) so far this summer:
Tell the Wolves I'm Home by Carol Rifka Brunt
Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer (Thanks, Jen Smith!)
The Walking Dead Compendium Volume 1 by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard (my first graphic novel)
Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Four: A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth
Sold by Patricia McCormick
More than you ever wanted to know about Mrs. Post
Number of years at UCASD: 17
· English 9, Advanced English 9
· Recreational Reading, Reading Enrichment
* English 7, Advanced English 7
· MS Newspaper, Media
· MS Reading/Writing Workshop
· High School Journalism/Newspaper
· PSSA Reading Target
Degrees and Certifications:
· B.A. English Literature, Penn State Behrend (1995)
· Teaching Certificate Secondary English Education, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (1996)
· M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Gannon University (2005)
· National Education Association
· Union City Education Association
· National Council of Teachers of English
Teaching Goal: To be a positive influence to students during their ninth grade year, educationally and emotionally.
· Originally from Edinboro
· Proud 1991 General McLane graduate
· Resides in North East with husband, Ryan and two daughters, Maya and Maisy.
· PIAA basketball referee
· Family First women’s league participant
· Penn State Behrend women’s basketball fan
· NCAA Division III Penn State Behrend basketball varsity athlete
· article “Goal-Setting During the Season” published in Basketball Sense magazine (2002)
· coached boys and girls basketball, elementary through college
· McKean women’s softball league participant
· NCAA Division III Penn State Behrend softball varsity athlete, outfield and catcher
· working out, reading, golf, summers
· Penn State Behrend Cheryl Ramsdell-Anderson Female Athlete of the Year (1994-5)
· Penn State Behrend Dick Dill Service Award
· Penn State Behrend Athletic Hall of Fame inductee (1998, 2007)
*Friday, February 15, 2013: UC Wrestling Sections
*Thursday, February 7, 2013: Union City girls' basketball at North East.
*Saturday, January 19, 2013: Maya sang the national anthem at the North East Wrestling Tournament.
*Tuesday, January 8, 2013: Maya sang the anthem before the North East boys' home basketball game against Union City. Maya is a seven-year-old second grader.
*Saturday, Feb 18, 2012: Maya had the privilege of singing the national anthem for wrestling sections in Union City.
*Here is Maya singing the national anthem before a boys' basketball game on Friday, January 27, 2012. Maya is 6 years old and in first grade.
*Check out Maya singing the national anthem before an Erie Illusion football game at Veteran's Stadium. This was in May, 2011. Maya was 6 years old and in kindergarten at the time. Yes, we are very proud of her.